Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Resolutions...

Considering tomorrow is February 1st, 'stop procrastinating' should be at the top of my list.

My goals for the next few months are:

SIMPLIFY
I think that we have way too much stuff. I want to go above and beyond the normal seasonal clothes donations this year. I want both Jim and I to chose one thing/week to get rid of. We have plenty of things that we don't love or use very often so hopefully we can clear the clutter a surround ourselves with things that are meaningful to us.

REACH OUT
I'm not the best at keeping in touch with people. It's bad and it makes me feel bad and I want to fix it. I'm going to make it a point to reach out to friends and family every week, especially those who I haven't spoken to for too long.


CREATE

For most of my life, I haven't made enough time to pursue my creative interests. School and work always been about math and science, which I still enjoy, but I've been feeling the need to indulge my creative side lately. For now I'll work on creative photography. I hope to have my Nikon fixed within the next week or so and I hoping for some better weather and nice natural light to work with in the coming weeks.
Maybe someday I'll take guitar lessons (I've been thinking about this for years), but i think it's best to focus on one thing for now.

SHAPE UP
Yes, the old cliche...but I do have a few good reasons to focus on this one in 2007. I tried on a great bridesmaids dress last night, it's not too early to get into shape for Tara's wedding, and I did have a baby in 2006:) I think Laura and I are going to join Tara's gym. It will be fun to keep each other motivated and go to classes together.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

li, tonight mommy tried to call me out and say i would never go to the gym....we really need to go just to prove her wrong!! james is the cutest boy everrrrr!!!!!! love the new pics. call me tomorrow(2/7) have off all day and i would love to see my godson!!!
-love you,
laura