Thursday, March 1, 2007

Beating the Winter Blues...

I've often wondered if I have SAD (seasonal affective disorder), I swear I get the blues every year in February. Well, I feel like a turned a corner today. I had a little change in perspective on some things and I just feel much better and suddenly more alive.

I had a bit of a heart to heart with my boss and it was a good thing. As a result I'll be pursuing a few new projects at work. It always feels good to start a new project with an opportunity to be creative. I love what I do, but sometimes the work just drags and starts to feel a little stale. I'm looking forward to a few fresh start to go along with the spring weather I've been waiting for.

I also convinced my boss to cover the cost of Nikon School as part of my training plan! How great is that? It is relevant to my job in some ways, the course covers optimizing digital images for printing and sharing. After I take the course I have to provide a training to my colleagues that covers our digital camera guidance for civil inspections and investigations, as well as optimizing images for sharing and printing. I'm proud of myself for proposing the my idea to my boss.

Also, when I got home today, I had a package - my camera is back! Woot!
Sorry, no photos today but I promise to take a lot this weekend.

This week has been nuts. Jim was really sick and his cell phone was a casualty (it's too gross to explain), his phone has been out of commission for a few days. We're taking care of it but for now call our home phone or my cell.

LJ is cuter than ever. This week Jim starting telling him "You're the cutest, and the bigest, and the smartest, and the cutest, and the nicest, and you're just the best..." over and over in a really, really funny voice. We all just crack up when he says it. You have to hear it, it's too funny!

Happy weekend!

No comments: