Thursday, August 9, 2007

Blackout...

I was updating this blog last night and we had a blackout so I lost the post:( We were without power for about 4 hours so we lit candles and ate all the ice cream out of the freezer:) I was mad that I lost the blog post at first, but it was so nice to have a really quiet night, no computer, no tv...just ice cream and conversation.

I love the convenience that cell phones, computers, DVRs, black berries, wireless internet, etc, provide, however...sometimes it takes a 'Blackout' to turn it all off and really relax. That's kind of sad.

In honor of last night, we're instituting a biweekly 'blackout night' at our house, absolutely no TV, computer, phone calls, just QT.

Note to all readers close by - I'm focusing on my photography this weekend. I have a few client shoots in the coming weeks and I'd like to work on a few things before then. I also rented an awesome lens that I have to send back next week. Anyone who would like to model and is avaibale for a mini photoshoot tomorrow, Sat, Sun, or Monday, let me know your availability. I prefer to shoot outdoors in the morning (finish by 10 am) or about 90 minutes before sunset. You get a complimentary 5x7 for your time.

{Edited to add: I have a taker for tomorrow:) and we are going to the shore on Sunday, I still have some time on Saturday and Monday evenings.}

1 comment:

ttsc said...

The blackout idea sounds like a good one. Tim loves the TV at night and I love the computer. I might mention it. Although I just got him to agree to nightly walks 3 times a week so thats pretty good.